This professional development and support is targeted at teachers and school leaders. Priority for those using Te Marautanga o Aotearoa.
The expected outcomes:
As a result of this PLD, kura will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- improved student learning and accelerated achievement that is informed by Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, Ngā Whanaketanga Rumaki Māori and/or paerewa paetae (NCEA);
- ongoing development of teachers’ use and understanding, the intent and meaning, of both the language of Te Marautanga o Aotearoa and Te Reo Mataini o te Pāngarau;
- kaiako increasing their use of pāngarau pedagogical and content knowledge and use of the language of pāngarau in their classroom programmes;
- learning networks of kura and Māori medium settings collaborate to find innovative solutions to challenges related to teaching pāngarau.
Schools will be supported to:
- use effective systems and appropriate tools and items to plan, collect, monitor
- and manage assessment data
- use data to inform ongoing improvements
- support all ākonga to experience, engage in and achieve success in Pāngarau
- improve Pāngarau teaching and learning through: mentoring, questioning,
- leadership, feedback, observations and a focus on sustainability
Methods of delivery:
The methods of delivery and duration of in-depth support is tailored to meet the strengths and needs of allocated kura.
|Pāngarau project update story (2014)||Pāngarau Infographic (2013)|
|Pāngarau Impact story (2015)||Pāngarau Infographic (2015)|