Ki te kotahi te kākaho ka whati, ki te kāpuia e kore e whati
The name for the Māori medium leadership and assessment PLD contract is taken from this tongi from Tāwhiao and talks of leadership in unity and collaboration of purpose.
Kaupapa Kāpuia Reo is a programme to facilitate a national leadership and assessment PLD programme for the Māori medium education sector including level one and level two programmes. Key to our work will be supporting leaders and teachers to address the needs of students traditionally underserved by the system, and connecting schools closely with iwi and hapū aspirations for success of Māori as Māori.
Allocation of this PLD provision:
- Schools involved in 2011
- Schools are prioritised and allocated by the Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Schools are prioritised and allocated by their local regional MoE office, according
- to the areas of greatest PLD need that are based on evidence of learner needs
- Schools identify their greatest PLD needs by submitting a ‘Request to access Professional Support’ form to their local regional MoE office
This PLD provision is aimed at:
- Middle and School leaders
- Tailored in-depth programmes through this PLD provision will support the following needs for schools, with particular focus on leadership and assessment:
- Exploring leadership of others, demonstrating links between theory and practice,and align with the school’s strategic direction.
- Working with indigenous literature, in particular Tū Rangatira.
- Leading learning in assessment, with a critical reflection on assessment.
- Encouraging and supporting self-reflection of leadership understandings, knowledge and practice.
Note: delivery will be in te reo Māori.
Length of programme
- The duration of in-depth support will be agreed to with allocated schools
- Schools will be able to access flexible support through regional workshops that will be planned to focus on pedagogical content knowledge.
This PLD provision is relevant to all of the following sectors:
- Kura Kaupapa Māori Years 1-13
- Māori-medium Settings Level 1 & 2 Years 1-13
Timing and availability for in-depth support
- Schools who require Ministry funded professional learning and development support in Kaupapa Kāpuia Reo during 2012 and 2013 need to contact their local regional MoE office for application details.
Timing and availability for flexible support:
- Regional pedagogical content workshops will be planned and advertised to schools in the Northern, Central North, Central South and Southern regions.