Who we are:
The University of Waikato provides excellence in learning, teaching and research in a vibrant progressive environment. The Faculty of Education is a major contributor to the nation’s education sector through policy development, research and practice, and is currently ranked first in research performance among New Zealand universities and colleges of education.
The Faculty of Education is committed to excellence in teaching and research, equity, lifelong learning and extending knowledge to enhance practice.
The strengths we bring to the consortium:
- Academic excellence and the opportunity to link qualifications with professional learning and development
- National leadership in pre-service and in-service teacher education
- Robust and innovative research
- Research informed professional learning and development
- Partnership with Māori at all levels of the University including Te Rōpu Manukura, which, in partnership with the University Council, is the Kaitiaki (guardian) of the Treaty of Waitangi for the University of Waikato. The University also has Memorandum of Understanding with Waikato-Tainui College for Research and Development and Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi.